Wednesday, February 1, 2012

This is my Story. My Living Testimony


When I was a baby, I had my broncho-pneumonia. I was brought to the hospital almost every day. My pedia has to change my antibiotics to cure the bacteria to suction the phlegm that infected my lungs.

Because of that, I was overdosed that led me to understand things in a difficult way. It also took me some time before I finally speak. I was so shy. I had a very low self-esteem.

But my mom didn’t give up. My mom prayed for a miracle to happen in my life. She sent me to different Personality Development schools to boost my self-confidence (Bayanihan Dance Company, Trumpets Playshop, Cora Dolorosa, Hip-hop Dance Classes to name a few). Until I got totally healed. Got took all my infirmities. He healed me from my disease.

My story doesn’t just end here. When I entered college, I’ve experienced all the struggles in my walk with God. Because of the self-confidence I gain, I started joining all the activities in school. I experienced joining Beauty pageants, ramp in runways; pose for different shoots as their model and all the like.
I consider myself privileged. Ever since I was a kid, I was taught about Jesus and the Bible every Sunday. We recite verses and listen to our teacher who was always eager to share God’s word with us. I didn’t understand a lot of things back then but I thought I did the right thing. It was this kind of contentment that I didn’t think seek to know Jesus more.
I sing in our church. I sing coz my mom sings. In short, I’m a successor. Kumbaga pag artista magulang mo, artista ka narin. Kumakanta lang ako na parang wala lang. Kumakanta lang ako kase kelangan.
Because of my curiosity, I also tried what college students normally do. Going out, drinking alcohol, dating, and lying to my family about where I’m going. But at the end of the day, I thought I’m happy. But I’m not. I felt ashamed. I felt the emptiness in me.
And then there’s this History Maker who talked to me. Kate, Mag encounter ka. I refused several times but that 3 days I gave in changed my life. Changed my whole being.
The moment I encounter the Lord, I was never the same. He turned my life upside down. I cried out loud, surrendered everything to him.He made me realized na “Hey! This is not what I made you for. Di kita pinagaling and made a miracle for you to become like this. Great and mighty things await you.” My fame, my glory, my name are his. All that I am is his. I was Ransomed, Healed, Restored, and Forgiven.
Now, all my dreams are all chasing me. With God’s grace, I’m about to graduate this April. I also sing in our church with all my heart, soul and mind. Never again I will come back to my sins. I will Love Him. Honor Him. Win Souls and Make Disciples. I will live and die serving the Lord.
I am Kate Castanares. A world changer. A Nation Transformer and Proud to be a History Maker.
I’m a Christian
I’m a praiser,
Not a rockstar
I’m part o a team,
Not a band
I sing not to please the Lord, not the world.
Cause I’m a worshiper,
Not a performer.
I sing for my Maker and Lover of my soul.

This is my story, my living testimony...





2 comments: