Friday, February 24, 2012

Review: "The Vow"



      I and my bosses have nothing to do so I we decided to watch "The Vow" via free movies online. 
      Paige and Leo (Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum) are a happy newlywed couple whose lives are changed by a car accident that puts Paige in a coma. Waking up with severe memory loss, Paige has no memory of Leo, a confusing relationship with her parents (Sam Neill and Jessica Lange), and an ex-fiancé (Scott Speedman) she may still have feelings for. Despite these complications, Leo endeavors to win her heart again and rebuild their marriage.


   This was a wonderful and inspiring movie of man's perseverance in fighting for what makes life worth living. Slightly predictable, just like most love stories, but overall a great performance by two wonderful actors. This is what it's all about.


Paige: I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.
Leo: I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love.
Leo: I vow to love you and no matter what challenges might carry us apart, we will always find a way back to each other.
Leo: Life’s all about moments of impact and how they change our lives forever. But what if one day, you could no longer remember any of them?
Leo: But how do you look at the girl you love, and tell yourself it’s time to walk away?
Leo: I need to make my wife fall in love with me again.
Paige: I hope one day I can love the way that you love me.
Leo: You figured it out once — you’ll do it again.

Paige: You accepted me for who I am, not who you wanted me to be.
Rita (Paige’s Mother): I chose to stay with him for all the things he’s done right; not the one thing he’s done wrong. I chose to forgive him.

What if 5 years of your life you disappeared? 
Can a once in a lifetime love find a second chance?
Watch it out!
Happy Post- VOWentimes Day!!!


1 comment:

  1. Just like the person told me what he "thinks" this movie wants to say, "It's okay to regret sometimes because you know there are things that you can still do about it and that you can do better the next time you were given a chance."

    Watched the movie March 5 which is really late for Valentine's but it felt like it since I watched it with someone special.

    Nice post Kate!

    ReplyDelete